Handy Bikes DC has an outstanding reputation and is highly regarded in the community. Successful applicants will be those who can best uphold those high standards and continue to build on them.
I WILL train the right person in bicycle mechanics if they have the right attitude, values and mindset, but I will NOT hire someone who is lacking in those areas, regardless of their mechanical ability.
Here are some details:
- Knowledge of basic bicycle mechanics
- Prior shop experience is highly desired
- Strong customer service expertise
- Desire to learn new skills & equipment
- General hours are 430p-830p weekdays and 11a-4p weekends, but it’s very flexible, and will expand as we grow. This is a permanent part-time position — as weather gets nicer we get busier, so there will be plenty of hours available if you want them, even up to 30+ hours a week
- Ability to work in the fast-paced and sometimes chaotic world of a pop-up business
- Strong attention to detail
- Starting pay $12/hr
Please contact me by email at email@example.com if you are interested in setting up a “working interview”, where you’ll have the chance to come check out the operation while we spend some time interacting with customers and working on bikes for an hour or so.